Our philosophy Cwm Taf Cares is at the heart of everything we do as we are committed to the health, wellbeing and development of our staff.
We provide hospital and community based services to people living in Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil. Our vision is to care for our communities and patients by preventing ill-health, promoting better health, providing excellent services and reducing the need for inpatient care wherever possible through the provision of strengthened home, primary and community care.
For more information about life in Cwm Taf, please visit our http://joincwmtaf.wales page.
We value the diversity of our staff and welcome applications from people from protected groups under the Equality Act 2010, this specifically includes age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, race, religion, disability, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
We are looking for a Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner to work in our ambitious Primary Care Mental Health Services.
Applications would be welcomed from Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists with experience of working in relevant mental health settings. The successful applicant will need to have the relevant qualification to undertake assessments under Part 1 of the Welsh Assembly Government Mental Health Measure
• Do you have a genuine interest in working with people who are experiencing mental health difficulties within the primary care setting?
• Do you work well with individuals on a 1-1 basis and in group situations?
• Are you forward thinking, and highly organised?
If so we would welcome an application from you.
The role will involve:
• Assessing people’s mental health needs within a primary care setting and taking responsibility for a clinical caseload.
• The delivery of brief, short term and low intensity psychological interventions, based on Cognitive Behavioural and Solution Focused approaches, provision of information, CCBT and self-help for people with common mental health disorders and assist in the running of psycho-educational groups.
• Mental Health promotion involving the development of effective relationships between primary care and local communities and other services in the voluntary and statutory sector.
• Provision of support and advice to GPs and other primary care providers.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Louise Davies (Team Leader)
Tel: 01443 443443 ext 5400